Labels

Saturday 20 February 2016

RED

Red is not normally a colour I associate with February, but earlier this week I was out on a hunt for a birthday present, and at my very first port of call, I found this.


The hand made glass vase from Poland leapt out at me, the red on the inside just glows and I had to have it.  I hope my daughter-in-law loves it as much as I do.  (I apologise for the slight fuzzines on the photo - I took the shot several times, but each time my hand must have moved slightly - the joys of age!)

I couldn't believe when after a little walk along the street to take some clothes to the charity shop, in the window just looking up at me and begging to be taken home were these.

 
A pair of Clark's leather and patent pumps in MY SIZE for just £6.99!

I rounded off with 4 bunches of daffodils for £2 and my happiness was complete.  Some days shopping just works.

Following on from this little trip and looking around the house a few other objects popped out at me and reminded me that I really do like a bit of red.

And so:




Here are my knitting needles in their super duck tin, my threads live in the chicken drawers, and my other sewing bits and bobs are in my super spotty ex-biscuit tin.  Even teddy is happy sporting his red jumper.


This is my gorgeous "On the Green" notebook - sporting the red edges to its pages.



My Boden nautical pumps - don't you just love the red spots inside and the red heel spine?  Believe it or not these came from mini-boden and they are a size 7 - how does that work?


Added to my red crops and stripy t-shirt my pumps make up one of my favourite summer outfits - I quite like to tell a story with my dressing.


This is the back view of my warm and snug button back jumper and


this is the front along with my super beads - which were another charity shop find some time ago.


This is a close up of one of my hand knit blankets - I just love the bright red lines amongst the chunky country tweed.


And lastly is an acrylic painting done by my son quite a lot of years ago.  His work has now moved on and he is a successful designer, but I really love this early, fairly naive work called Seasons and just 1 of 1 especially for me.

Hoping you find some brightness to cheer your weekend.

Bye for now,

Ruth.

2 comments:

  1. I like a bit of red too, and like your stripey top/red jeans combo - it's very similar to how I dress. How lucky you were to find those red pumps too, a bargain!
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to hear from you Cathy and thank you so much for joining my blog - I really enjoy reading yours. Ruth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your comments - I try to read them all and am really grateful for the support and inspiration you give to me.